Friday, January 8, 2010

Don't Ever let the Zombies ruin your books!

I just read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and it was a nightmare! Well, I guess it was supposed to be, but I'm not really talking about the gory brain feasting, or martial arts skills, or the whole zombie mayhem. The "nightmare" was the destruction of my beloved characters morals and integrity. Of all the things I could hate about it, I hated the sexual references and infidelity the most. He basically attacked marriage with zombies.
It was interesting to read how the Zombies affected the outcome of certain characters, but mostly it was gross.
The other night I made stroganoff for dinner. I had taken one bite of the meat, when the flavor and texture reminded me of a nasty passage from the book. I couldn't eat. Brent had great fun with this though. He said we should call it 'stroganoggin' from now on and that the 'elbow' mac was a nice touch to the zombie meal. I about hurled.
Just don't read it.

4 comments:

Ilise said...

Aww man, zombies used to be so cool. I am glad I got you a massage for Christmas :)

Anonymous said...

I just put it on hold at the library.

Brent and Katie said...

It's not worth it but you can try it. You'll be a vegiterian for a week.

Beth schell said...

Thank you for the review. I was contemplating this since it was so popular on good reads. I will avoid it.